I've wanted to make one of these since the first time I saw them in flickr, but I always thought it was too much work and never was the right moment. But finally about two weeks ago I started crocheting it.
Had to do a bit of planning ahead..
Started with the big squares, the 12 and 10 rounds ones, not sure why, and before I new it I had enough to complete one block!
I kept crocheting like mad and in about five days I had enough squares to complete two of the four blocks I had originally planned. I laid them on the floor to arrange the colours and I realized it was big enough for a blanket, so, there it was, I had completed my babette squares in less than a week!
I started sewing them together. The boring part of these blankets, but I tried not to think too much about it and just did it. I had all the blocks sewn together in a couple of days
Well, yes, I still have a few ends to hide, hehe!!
I'm making quite a wide border, I want the blanket to look well "framed" if you know what I mean. Still a couple of rounds and it will be done. Mind you, I'm using it already, it's the good part of making blankets, when they're big enough you can enjoy using them when still working on them!
I'll post better pictures when it's all finished and ready to show. It's hasn't been all that bad at all, it's true that I've been crocheting like mad for a week, but I`ve really enjoyed it. I highly recommend this project to all crocheteers in the world. Very very rewarding and a great way of using leftovers. I can feel this won't be my only babette. Stay tunned!